Gerard holds a Master’s Degree in IT from the University of Pretoria, is a member of [Mensa](mensa.org.za) and has consulted for the likes of Standard Bank, Nedbank, MTN, De Beers & Experian. He’s also worked on both the FNB and Barclays (Absa) mobile banking Apps on the Apple iOS platform.
Gerard’s been speaking on software engineering and best practices topics since 2015. Main engagements include:
– DevConf 2018 – Breaking into wireless access points with Kali Linux
– FNB CodeFest 2017 – Microservices
– IQ Business Internal Master Classes 2016 – Web Security (IQ DefCon)
– IQ Business Open Master Classes 2016 – Microservices
– IQ Business Internal Master Classes 2015 – Advanced TDD
– Barclays Agora Talks 2015 – TDD (turned into a training video)
With over a decade’s experience building information systems in the banking sector, Gerard has created and lead teams for multiple big budget projects in the UK and South Africa. Gerard is a citizen of both the Netherlands and South Africa.